Your pace, your distance, your style
Best places to run in Sydney?
Sydney prides itself as being one of the world’s most beautiful cities, and the best way to see it is by foot. With the longest harbour foreshore in the world, unbeatable beaches, famous landmarks, hidden local treasures and rugged trails not far from the city, there are a range of great options to escape and explore.
Have a look at our map of Sydney’s best places to run.
Should I book a private tour or a scheduled tour?
A scheduled running tour has a set time, place and route, you book in and join other runners. A private running tour is where you decide when and where to meet, and how long/fast you’d like to run. We offer both, and each has advantages:
Scheduled Running Tour
- Cheapest running tour
- More social, meet other runners from around the world
- Most popular route, well balanced commentary
- Easy running tour (but has longer options)
Private Running Tour
- Meet at your hotel, at the day and time of your choice
- Scenic route and commentary according to your interests
- Distance, time, pace according to your needs
- More in-depth coaching/training
- Get to know the local running guide matched to you
- Increased flexibility, to make it the best run possible
What’s the best time to run in Sydney?
It’s best to do a running tour when you first arrive in Sydney, that way you can get your bearings, receive some great advice, and have all your questions answered.
Morning is often the best time; you can schedule a run with us before your travel companions wake up, or before you have to go to work. Another popular running time is at Sunset or at night. With the lights reflecting over the harbour, Sydney is magic at night.
Where’s the best trail-running in Sydney?
There are lots of great trail runs in Sydney. On a private running tour, we can safely guide you on a run through the Australian bush, and along its coastlines. We can also take you out for a day of trail running in National Parks near Sydney, for an all inclusive eco-tour and trail run.